Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Giving Thanks

Yes, I know this is late.  I was away from a computer all weekend and I REALLY don't think you wanted to see the aftermath of me trying to blog from a blackberry...

I hope everyone had a safe, happy, and delicious day.  I can’t believe it is already this time of year! Of course I sort of expected it with the wedding and honeymoon bringing us straight up to Halloween.  So here we are, on the weekend of our firstThanksgiving!

Doc is really excited to eat all the turkey and other leftover treats from our dishes.  I REALLY wanted to get this turkey costume for him, but it would have been too last minute and I would have had to overnight it… $80 for Doc to be looking like a turkey? Not quite priceless…



We spent Thanksgiving at Joey’s Grandma’s house.  We thought about doing our own Thanksgiving but let’s get real.  I’m a sucky cook anyway, and there is no way I’d attempt an entire Thanksgiving meal (including a turkey) for just the two (three? Does Doc count?) of us to eat. So we packed up and headed a few miles south for the big meal.  I missed my family.  It is hard living so far away from them.  I know they had a delicious day too and that we will see them soon.

Now comes the time where I say what I am thankful for.  It’s really hard to encompass everything, but here’s a shot.  I’m thankful for my new husband, for BOTH of my families, my best friend-Doc, our ability/opportunity to work for our money and the apartment in which we live, all of my friends, sushi, football, Discovery Channel, and Disney World.

OK that’s enough for now, it was starting to sound like Kevin’s prayer in “Home Alone”…
I hope each of you had a very happy Thanksgiving, ate lots of turkey, watched lots of football, and enjoyed your day(s) off. 

I'll be back tomorrow, because it is a very special anniversary for us Gishes!! ;)

Love,
SG

No comments:

Post a Comment