Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Wacky Weekend

OK I realize I have been severely slacking on the blogs. Life has been a little nuts lately and last weekend was wedding-central, like it is every time we go up to PA for a weekend. Since all of our vendors are there, we have to do all our appointments on the weekends when we are at home… this leads to some extremely busy weekends!

First things first. Our photos came back from our wedding photographers, John and Kimberly Sanderson. They did an amazing job and you can see some of their work around the site, and on the newest photo album tab. We have received so many compliments on the pictures but really the credit goes to the photographers themselves. I cannot wait to see our wedding pictures!

So last weekend. Um.. where do I start. I guess I’ll start at 10:30pm on Thursday when Joey got off work and we packed Doc into the suburban and headed out of town. Fast forward 3.5 hours to find me driving the suburban, Doc lucky to be alive, and Joey eating a Wawa hoagie. That’s how our weekend started.

Friday morning we woke up bright and early, and left Doc with my Mom while we went to get our MARRIAGE LICENSE! Wooohoo! It’s so funny how you learn things about someone you thought you already knew… like that time he announced he plays golf. Or that time when we went to get our marriage license and he knew EVERYTHING about what you can/can’t take into the courthouse. Um.. is there something you aren’t telling me? Anyway, the marriage license process was easy and fun. Yes, fun. We giggled when they asked us if we were related or if we were insane. Mature? Not us! After about 5 minutes we walked out there with this little piece of paper that once signed, binds us for life!

After returning to our illegally parked car, we headed off to Exton to meet with our pastry chef who is designing the cake for our wedding. We tasted 5 different flavors of cake and mousse icing, and they were all delicious. I think we are going to go with the raspberry mousse… trust me it’s delicious.

We also discussed the design/look of the cake. That, my friends, will have to be a surprise!

It was only lunch time, but we had already gotten so much done! We went back to my parents where Joey got to relax and hang out with Doc and Dakota for the rest of the day. Laura (my sis and MOH) and I had to get back into the car and go to my very first DRESS FITTING!!!!! Maria, the woman who is doing my alterations, is so wonderful. Bridesmaid Steph recommended her to me (Thank you!). My dress actually fit really well! Other than the bustle and a little in on the bust area (yes, IN), I didn’t need any other alterations. It was really fun to finally be able to put on the dress I’m going to be wearing on my wedding day!

After the dress fitting, it was time to relax and have fun. My Mom and Laura went to the Vessey’s to prepare for my AMAZING Tea Party and Joey and I decided to meet up with my brother, Alex and his girlfriend, Corinne, at the local bowling alley.

Craziness ensued.
Saturday I was treated to the most lovely tea party and bridal shower by my Pennsylvania friends and family. It is really hard having two families in two very different states, and the only option to allow relatives that can’t travel was to have two. It was really lovely, and I’m going to do a separate post about it so I can share lots of pictures.

Joey’s Mom came up for the shower on Saturday (so nice of her!) and she drove Joey back home afterwards. So I was stuck with our naughty child for the rest of the weekend. On Sunday my cousin, Jaime, and I went to meet with our DJs and we had a great visit. I know our party is going to be so much fun!! With a few surprises, naturally. After the meeting was over, we packed up the suburban, I clipped Doc into his carseat (calm down, it’s a harness with a loop for the seatbelt), and we headed back to VA in the pouring rain and terrible traffic.

Whew. After lugging all our loot up the stairs into our apartment, it was starting to look like we had just moved in. We got so many wonderful gifts and I am so thankful for each and every one! Now to unpack them……

52 <- almost to 50! Days to go!
Love, Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment