Total Pageviews

Monday, August 23, 2010

Tea Party!

After another long weekend- where by the way, we passed the 50 day mark!!!- I finally have some time to write about my Bridal Tea which took place on August 14th in Pennsylvania. It was hosted by a family that has been in my life since before the womb- my parents’ very close friends, the Vesseys.

The Tea Party theme was something I picked out when I was 7 years old. No, really! My 8th Birthday Party was a Tea Party and all my friends brought their dolls and we drank tea catered by A Taste of Britain and we dressed our dolls in outfits matching our own. Fast forward to my engagement… I always thought a tea party bridal shower would be so fun! So I mentioned this to my Mom. And here we are!

The invitation said that hats and gloves were optional… but not for me! I completed my entire outfit almost a month beforehand and even modeled it for bridesmaid Kendayl who swore she was going to steal my dress (you can borrow it Kens!). Here I am with my Mom, who is wearing a “Mother of the Bride” hat with a peacock feather stuck in it, courtesy of my Aunt Patti… AKA The Queen of Hearts….
The color theme for this shower was matching our wedding colors… so, if you haven’t picked up on this already- purple with a splash of orange. My Mom also incorporated the color of her dress into the nametags. It was small and probably can’t be seen from this photo… oh well, another surprise!
Another cool thing about the way this shower was done is that there was a lot of family history hidden around the house. For example, my Mom wore the necklace she was given as a member of my Great Aunt’s wedding party when she was 9 years old. She also found a towel cake that my late Great Grandmom Helen had made for my Mom’s bridal shower! How COOL?!!?

Finally, around the dessert table (which included the cake made by my lovely sister and MOH Laura) were two marriage certificates. One was my Grandmother’s parents from the 1920’s, and one was THEIR parents’, from the 1900s. Awesome. (And totally more beautiful than the ugly blue and white one that Joey and I just got…)
Here is an up close and personal picture of the gorgeous cake. Laura worked really hard on it (there was A LOT of cake in the kitchen when we arrived…) and it came out great!

The tea party was a huge success and I was so lucky to have been blessed with so many friends, family, and gifts. The last thing that I will leave you with is that if you’ve ever seen Alice in Wonderland, you know that you can’t have a tea party without…..

The White Rabbit, Alice, and The Queen of Hearts…

Only 48 days to go!! Things are getting very crazy so I apologize in advance if I’m not able to get updates out as soon as I want to!

Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment