Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Bachelor Party... Part I

It all started with a car alarm.

Friday morning. 4:45am. I’m sound asleep when I’m awakened to 5 little beeps. I can’t figure out if it was a dream or not, but I look at Joey and he’s awake too. “I’m not sure if it was a dream but your keychain is bee-“ “I know.” He gets up and looks out the window. Sure enough, there is Peyton’s truck, Peyton, and 3 other guys snooping around the outside of Joey’s truck. They don’t realize that Joey’s car alarm keychain beeps a warning if someone gets too close. So we decide to mess with them. Peeking out the closed curtains, we set off the car alarm. The guys jump straight into the air and dash into the woods. We’re laughing hysterically until Doc catches wind that there are people outside our window and starts barking. Peyton, Teddy, Tumbles and Joe come into the apartment and Doc goes nuts. Luckily he knows all of them and calms down quickly. We say a quick goodbye and the boys drive off… in Joey’s truck.

Doc and I go back to sleep (read: attempt to). 25 minutes later Doc is barking again. Peeking out the keyhole I see Warner and Lupton outside my door. Me: “They already left!” Warner: “I know, we’re here to get some stuff!” [holds up a cute little list on notebook paper]. He and Lupton come in, but Doc doesn’t know Lupton and refuses his entry, plus he’s wearing a baseball cap so that immediately makes things 10 times worse. Lupton waits outside. We gather Joey’s golf clubs, a nice outfit, and some polo shirts. I ask if I should be expecting any more visitors. Warner says no, and the guys disappear into the darkness.

Checking Facebook, I see that they stopped at a McDonalds and are playing golf somewhere in NJ. Peyton’s status of “VEGAS” is a total lie, and at the end of the day, I get a pix message from a ridiculously awesome looking hotel room in Atlantic City.

This brings us to today. Doc and I spent the night at A Love’s with Jax. We watched “The Hangover” and laughed at the possibility that these exact antics could be going on at that very moment.

This morning at 6:30 my phone rang. It’s Joey! He says he’s the only one left awake. Not surprised. My fiancé can party with the best of them. Plus all the guys apparently stayed up all night on Thursday preparing for the weekend. Good news: he’s up 200 and still alive. Bad news? There’s still another night to go…

Part II Coming your way soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment