Total Pageviews

Monday, May 14, 2012

Things that go Bump in the Night

Or actually more like CRASH.

Weird stuff has happened in our house before, but early this morning I was SURE I was going to be making a phone call to Ghost Hunters.

It was about 4:45am.  I had just woken up because I was hot and my spot in the bed was being taken over by two brown furry babies.  After I shifted them around a bit, I closed my eyes and tried to fall back to sleep quickly cause I had to be up extra early this morning.  I was just drifting off to sleep when suddenly...

CRASH


Joey and I bolted upright in bed. The dogs were barking like crazy. 'What was that?!' 'It sounded like something fell!' 'I'm scared!'


Joey grabbed his gun and went downstairs to check things out (in his Disney boxers).  I sat there in the deafening silence with the Min Pins, waiting to listen to what I was sure was going to be an altercation in my kitchen.

After a few minutes, I picked up my pink camo .22 and cautiously headed down the hallway.

We checked the ENTIRE HOUSE.  We checked all the bedrooms, the kitchen, the garage, the car windows, the basement (I was sure that the mirror we'd hung had fallen off the wall- it didn't), the back porch, the front porch, the side porch, then we re-checked everything- including the cabinets in the kitchen looking for fallen pots and pans.  And we could not find a single thing out of place.  It was 5am and we were standing in our kitchen, weapons drawn, ready for the shootout at the OK Corral.  But we couldn't find the offender.

Joey went back upstairs while I grabbed the dogs a treat and apologized out loud to anyone/thing also living in our house that we might have offended...

We re-checked the entire upstairs.  Joey's hunter ears told him the noise came from the master bathroom, but we checked everything and couldn't find a single item out of place.

By this point, I was convinced this was the ghost of an angry Mother- scorned on Mother's Day a hundred years ago.  We were baffled, tired, and decided to lock ourselves in the bedroom to (try to) catch a little more sleep.  I stopped in the bathroom before getting back to bed, and it was only then that I saw it.

The scene of the crime.



My Intuition razor had lost it's suction to the shower wall.  It had fallen off, shattered into 4 pieces, and made a horribly, echo-y racket the whole way down.

WHAT. A. RELIEF.

Also- really impressed that while dead asleep, Joey determined where in the house the noise came from.

So... around 5:15 we were finally able to settle back into bed.  Thanks to the razor, I was basically awake after that and had to get up and go to work.  Joey got to go back to sleep, but the razor was determined to ruin his day too.  He dropped his necktie in the toilet and misjudged the depth of a rain puddle on his way into work.

This is what happens when your razor goes bump in the night.  Let this be a lesson to all:  do not use the suction cup holder.  It will fail.  And you will suffer.

~SG

No comments:

Post a Comment