Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend 2k12

...And I'm back!

We had a great weekend with my Mom and Dad.  They came to visit us from Pennsylvania along with their dog, Dakota.  For Christmas we gave them tickets to a show at Wolf Trap, to ensure that they would come visit us again ;) ...just kidding. 

Growing up, we drove out to visit my Dad's family in South Dakota/surrounding area almost every summer.  Yep... I said  'Drove'.  We spent alot of time in the car and one of our favorite things to do was to listen to a radio show called "A Prairie Home Companion" on NPR.  It takes place in Minnesota and alot of the jokes are near and dear to my Dad's heart.  When I saw it was coming to Wolf Trap for a live broadcast, I knew it would be a perfect Christmas present!!  Joey had never heard of it, but apparently he is the only one in Virginia who hasn't.  The venue was completely sold out. 

All four of us at the show

Joey was a good sport!
On Sunday we enjoyed a lazy morning with coffee on the back porch, watching the dogs run around the back yard, and watching the Nascar race on TV.  Later in the day, we went down to Old Town Occoquan to show my parents around. 


We enjoyed perusing the shops and reading about the historical sites. We also got the chance to re-enact some of our engagement photos from the blizzard of 2009...

In front of Madigans in 2 feet of snow, 2009

In front of Madigans in 90 degree weather, 2012

Gazebo, 2009

Gazebo, 2012

Town Hall, 2009

Town Hall, 2012
After romping around Occoquan, we headed to Uncle Julios for some excellent Mexican Cuisine.  Mom and Dad (and Dakota) headed out on Monday morning, and Joey and I attended a delicious cookout at our buddy, Peyton's house.  Unfortunately I did not take any pictures because I was concentrating on not melting.  But the food and the company was delicious.

Overall we had a great weekend.  I was sad to see my parents go but we will see them soon- we're going to the beach in less than a month!

As always, we remembered that Memorial Day weekend is not about BBQ, but about true sacrifice.  We are very thankful for those who made it possible for us to enjoy such a wonderful weekend.  <3

~SG

No comments:

Post a Comment