Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Good News/Bad News

Well the good news is that I am now immune to Tetanus, Diptheria, and Whooping Cough for the next 10 years.



That's always a good way to start off a post, right?  You may find yourself wondering how I found myself in the surprisingly nice, clean, and empty Woodbridge Urgent Care today after work.  You may also find yourself wondering what the bad news is, ya know, since the good news is that I'm not going to die of any of those things.

Well yesterday, being my birthday, was of course a huge let down.  I've noticed that the older I get, the more lame my birthdays become.  So did this drive me to stab myself with a rusty metal object?? Well, no.

We're still (instert joke here) living with the in-laws, and they decided to schedule the replacement of their entire roof for yesterday.  At 5:55am, we were softly awoken by the sound of angry canines barking, howling, and in Doc's case, shrill screeching at the roofers who had shown up to begin their task.  Doc was tossed down the basement stairs, but not before taking a chomp at MIL's hand.  Then he proceeded to stand in our bedroom and bark, until I grabbed him up and held him down in a wrestler's choke hold until the barking was reduced to a few "boofs" every minute or so. 

I peaced out and went to work, but Joey had the awesome task of taking him outside and trying to get him to go pee before he left for work.  Ha.

Fast forward throughout the day, where it did brighten some with my 150-odd Facebook wall posts from well wishers (yeah, I'm bragging).

I arrived home first, and got to squeeze between the work van and the garage in order to open the garage via code, and came inside to let the dogs out. (Who let the dogs out!?!) (sorry.)

Being the undercover blonde that I am, we all went outside where there were nails, staples, and other random metal everywhere.  No, this is not when I get stabbed with a rusty metal object.  The dogs were barking like crazy at the strangers on the roof (I can't really blame them) so we hurried up, did our business, and went back inside.  Except I guess Bandit didn't remember to do his because the moment we came back in he emptied his entire bladder onto the rug.  Thanks for the birthday present old man. 

I cleaned that up, got changed, put in a load of laundry, and then realized it was time to feed the dogs and nobody was home yet.  So I fed Bandit his usual half can of food and Doc his usual bite so that he doesn't feel left out (he eats solid food).  Except I looked over in time to catch Doc eating the rest of Bandit's dinner.  10 minutes and more barking later, Doc threw up his dinner all over the rug.  A little too much excitement, yes?  Also too much canine bodily fluids, thankyouverymuch.

Finally everyone got home and Joey arrived with 2 balloons (Disney Princess and Dog in Sunglasses) a card, and Winese for dinner (that's wine and chinese, duh).  I was outside with MIL and the dogs, both on leashes this time, and we came back inside.  THAT is when I stepped on a roofing nail, and it went all the way through my flip flop and into my heel.

In all seriousness, it wasn't that bad.  But I realized I hadn't had a tetanus shot in.............. um............. ????????????? I don't remember. At all.  Joey made fun of me a million times, but I decided to go to the clinic today after work just to be safe.  And lucky me, I got a triple vaccination!

FYI you are supposed to get this vaccination every 10 years.  I would recommend it for anyone that is planning on having kids since Whooping Cough is really dangerous.  Joey doesn't know it but he'll be in that clinic eventually getting the same shot.  Sucks!!

Hope you are all up to date on your immunizations!!!

~SG

No comments:

Post a Comment