Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Why I don't get my coffee at McDonalds (Rant)

First of all, I don’t really have anything against McDonalds.  I’ve eaten plenty of chicken nuggets in my nearly 27 years on this earth and ever since Wendy’s switched to those God awful natural sea salt fries, I’ve given them twice the business I used to. 

I just know from experience that if you want your coffee done right, just the way you want it, that you need to go to Starbucks.  And sometimes even Starbucks doesn’t get it 100% right either.  But when you order your coffee via drive thru at McDonalds, there is a 96.8979% chance that something is going to be wrong with it. 

Take this morning, for example.  I wanted a medium iced latte with sugar free vanilla syrup and nonfat milk.  The lady at the window tried to hand me a small, hot, something.  And then proceeded to give me attitude when I told her I wanted iced.  I ended up with a large, mostly milk (and who knows whether it was nonfat) iced drink with way too much syrup in it.  I could barely taste the coffee.

I’d like to say I’ve learned my lesson. But laziness and lack of local Starbucks will always prevail.

I’ll be back in a week to repeat this rant.


*If  someone from Starbucks is reading this, I’d really appreciate a Starbucks en route to 95N from Cardinal Drive in Woodbridge, VA. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment