Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Lady Gaga and Drop Splits

I bought a CD yesterday. For the first time since like 2000 when the Backstreet Boys came out with ‘Millennium’.  I was at Starbucks, getting a humungous coffee in place of breakfast (healthy) when I noticed the new Lady G CD on the counter.  For 15 bucks.  Seemed like a good deal, as I had no knowledge of the Amazon.com 99 CENT promotion… so I picked it up.  The lady behind the counter told me I was the first one to buy it.  I thought that meant I should get it for free, but she didn’t think I was funny so I paid my 20 bucks and left with venti iced coffee and new CD in hand.


I popped it in the CD player (OMG your car still has one of those?!) and was going to turn to ‘Judas’ when the first song came on.   Since I don’t feel like writing an entire review, I will say that I like the CD very much, and that I am in LOVE with song #5, “Americano”.  Turn that baby on, put the volume up, and get ready to choreograph a dance in your head! No? Maybe it’s just me then…


What does Lady Gaga have to do with drop splits?  What even IS a drop split?

I’m so glad you asked.  Lady Gaga has nothing to do with drop splits, and a drop split is a dance term for OUCH MY CROTCH IS RIPPING.  Siiiike. Really it’s a kick line move where everyone jumps in the air (still linked up) and lands on the floor in a split.  It’s pretty impressive and difficult if done correctly.  After practice last night, I’m pretty sure I did it correctly.  Ow.


Other updates:
-Doc had his nails trimmed and while there was no blood drawn, he did bare his teeth at the poor lady.

-The 3 week plan is going well, although I won’t be getting my coach bag because I missed a workout last week. But I’m starting to notice my clothing fits a teeny bit looser, and I’m feeling more fit.  So I’m viewing this as a positive.

-CAN YOU BELIEVE it’s Memorial Day Weekend already?! 


~SG





No comments:

Post a Comment