Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Mid-Week Randoms

-Abby got her first cold over the weekend. Friday morning we were all set to head out the door to daycare when I thought she felt warm.  The thermometer read 100.6 so it was a quick dose of Tylenol and a call to the Dr. when they opened. They tested her for Flu and RSV but it's just a cold.  Sick babies are sad, no fun, and need lots of cuddles which I took advantage of.  As I've mentioned before, Abby doesn't like to be held "like a baby" (laying down in my arms). So I knew she was really not feeling well when she let me hold her like that. But I secretly enjoyed the heck out of it.  She's on the mend, although everything has run down into her chest so we're paying close attention to her cough. Poor thing :(


-Abby has generously shared her cold with me.  And Joey isn't too far behind.  Although adults can take things like Dayquil/Nyquil and know how to blow our noses and such.

-This past weekend my sister was in town from Florida, so we trekked up to PA to see her and the fam. I really enjoy sharing Abby with my family.  We are scheduled for another trip up to PA for a memorial service this coming weekend. I'm really hoping the weather doesn't ruin our plans.  We are supposed to get a snow storm of some sort.

Abby and Aunt Laura, who randomly is wearing the same shirt I'm wearing in the above picture.
-Running. The running blog is all but dead, so I don't want to post over there but a quick update on how training is going for the half marathon in march.  It's going! I'm doing run-walk-run intervals of 2:2. I can definitely step it back up to 2:1 at this point but my laziness is getting the better of me.  I read an article about how muscle memory exists in runners that haven't run for a long time. I didn't believe it but after almost 3 weeks I can tell you my body seems to remember it and it feels a lot better than it did when I first started back. I had a fairly easy 3 mile run over the weekend. And by "easy" I mean I wasn't dying like I was at the Rocky Run 5K in November.

Yep. This happened. And it was like 20 degrees and FREEZING hence my ridic outfit.
-Bananas. Our newest adventure in solid foods. These were a pretty big hit.  Note to mamas out there- when your baby tries new food don't be alarmed if their diaper contents change color...(gross but true).

That Mom posting gross pics of goo in baby's mouth

That Mom posting repeat pics of the same thing

OH look she's smiling. Warrants another pic.

-Babywearing. I really like the baby K'Tan so far. Here's a pic of us modeling over the weekend.  Please ignore the heaps of clothing on the bed behind us that I tried to crop out.  I was having fun (or not) trying on spring/summer clothes and bathing suits for our trip.  Some of it fits, some of it doesn't.



-If my sorority taught me anything it's always end on a positive note! So here's a cute pic for ya:

Happy Thursday!

~Sg

No comments:

Post a Comment