Total Pageviews

Monday, March 3, 2014

Weeks 16 and 17

Sorry I'm not sorry I was in Disney World last Monday and therefore did not get around to doing a 16 week blog update.  Lucky (or not so lucky) for you, I did take a quick picture before heading off to the pool.  So you can see how much I have still not changed.  It's starting to get weird.  Here I am 17 weeks pregnant and I look like I ate a really big lunch.  Or, to strangers, I look completely normal.  All of my symptoms have pretty much calmed down, and it's a little freaky.  I know the baby is in there because I just saw it, heard it's heartbeat, etc. and I think I might be feeling it move, a little.  But for the most part, I'm still in crazy denial about what is going to happen in 23 weeks.



Disney World while pregnant was pretty good. Traveling in the 2nd Trimester is recommended/encouraged. Flying was no problem- I was able to avoid the xray machine thing and walk through a simple metal detector.  The flight coming into Washington was like a roller coaster but the babe just went along for the ride.  The biggest issues I ran into were extreme exhaustion and finding every bathroom in Disney World (twice).  While I was there, I definitely started to notice when the baby was sitting on my bladder.  Constant pressure, resulting in bathroom trips every 20 minutes, is not comfortable at any time.  Add in my nervousness and anxiety about having to go to the bathroom and it becomes pretty uncomfortable.  By the end of the trip, I had finally figured out what worked best in terms of both consuming liquids and not being completely tired- going out in the morning, relaxing in the afternoon, and going to bed right after dinner.  And all the walking was probably SO good for me- no hip pain! I worried about how hydrated I was, but my u/s when we got home showed plenty of amniotic fluid (more in this later!).

Drinking Around the World... yep, that's a giant water!

Date: March 3, 2014

How far along? 17w (Baby is the size of an onion)

How is Mama doing? Now that I'm home, I'm feeling much better. We've had an unexpected 4 day weekend, so we've been doing a lot of relaxing.

Weight Gain:   According to my scale, I'm back down -.5.  According to the doctor, I gained 5 pounds.  I'm getting pretty annoyed with the lackadaisical manner in which I'm weighed at the Dr office.  In December, they incorrectly recorded my weight by +10 pounds, and refuse to fix it in my records.  Now, they just sludge the little weight over and don't even wait for the thing to balance before making their recording.  I know that likely they will not say anything to me about my weight, as I'm definitely on the low end of the scale when it comes to weight gain, but I am keeping track on my own at home just in case they do.

Sex of the baby: We know what we are having :) We're not quite ready to announce quite yet although if you ask me nicely in private maybe I'll tell you.  I just feel weird announcing when I don't even have a bump...  We had an amazing experience with our elective ultrasound.  The baby was being super uncooperative the Friday before we left for Disney.  We finally got it to flip over and got a nice crotch shot before we left for our trip, but the awesome lady told us to come back when we got back so we could get some more pictures.  So we've had it confirmed now, twice.

Movement:  I've felt a few flutters here and there, although sometimes I'm really not sure if it's the baby, the metamucil moving things along, or my heart beating in my stomach (the weirdest feeling).

Maternity Clothes? Definitely wearing maternity pants/shorts/etc.  Regular pants are fine in the morning but by the end of the day they are too uncomfortable.  I am on the search for maternity shirts that don't look like maternity shirts at the moment.

Pregnancy Fitness:  Miles.  I walked MILES in Disney and it was great.

Symptoms: They have really calmed down.  I know I am extremely lucky.  But I can't help but feel anxious. Maybe that in itself is a symptom.  Ahhh! Somebody take google away.

Belly Button: My stomach itself (we're not counting sides, hips, etc) is still ridiculously flat.  I've always been proud of this.  I know its' days are numbered...

Stretchmarks? Nope

Cravings? Not really craving anything still.  I'm not usually able to eat a lot at one time.  I don't know how some pregnant women can just put food away from day 1.  We ate at a buffet in WDW and I couldn't even finish one plate.  I do, however, snack quite a bit.  I eat small meals and snacks quite often, but a lot of food at once just makes me feel sick.

OH I just thought of a "craving".  I really wanted some Herr's Cheese Curls from Philadelphia and they don't sell them here in VA.  I tried ordering online but Joey said I wasn't allowed because they come in cases only and we don't have room in the pantry for 42 bags of cheese curls...... maybe my sister will hook a preggo up??

Sleep:   Waking up for ~2-3 hours per night.  Pregnancy insomnia.  The struggle is real.

Looking Forward To:  Our 20 week ultrasound and starting to plan the baby's room!

What I miss: Feeling pretty.  I know this is totally vain but this is my blog! I don't feel very pretty anymore.  Even when I've done my hair and makeup.  It is what it is, but I thought I'd share.

Doc/Chloe: They are really tired of us being home.  I think they want us to go back to work.

Weekly wisdom: Don't push yourself too hard.  Take naps.  Lay by the pool (where applicable). Take deep breaths. Relax.

Other:  I think I've said enough!

16 weeks, post shower, pre-pool at Wilderness Lodge

17 weeks, you love my shorts, I don't know what I'm doing with my head





2 comments:

  1. The bladder thing! I went to the dr because I thought I had a UTI. Nope. Baby on my bladder. So jealous you know the sex already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy- I totally asked my Dr about it too. He said if there is no burning, it's fine. It's so crazy!!! Annnnd I will send you info on the place we went for our early u/s. I also know there is one closer to you. It was very affordable and we loved our experience :)

      Delete