Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

15 Weeks

Sorry this is a little late... yikes. Starting them late already.
We had a great 3 day weekend, got lots of relaxing done as well as lots of laundry. We're getting excited for Disney!

Date: Feb 18, 2014

How far along? 15w 1d (Baby is the size of an apple)

How is Mama doing? Feeling pretty good.  Enough so that every time someone asks me how I'm feeling I kind of get annoyed. I'm feeling pretty normal.  The stabbing pain largely went away after getting that prenatal massage (looks like I'll be going back for more!) and the only real issue I had this week was some really bad tummy cramps from not drinking enough water/eating enough fiber (to put it in a nice way).

Weight Gain:   Weighed myself last night which is not my usual time of day, but according to the scale I gained 2.5 pounds in a week.  I'm going to guess that 1-1.5 of that is water/food/clothing but since I'm too lazy to do it again, we'll just say that I'm up +.5 (i was -2 last week).

Sex of the baby: We're going to sneak a peek in the very near future to see if we can tell the sex of the baby early via elective ultrasound. No big announcements will be made until the official 20 week ultrasound at the end of March. Get your votes in!

Movement:  Still haven't felt any movement.

Maternity Clothes? Still wearing a mix.  At home, I'm wearing mostly Joey's shorts and tee shirts.  All my workout stuff is too tight around the waist and I like the baggy tee shirts because they are more comfortable.  I rocked Kappa Sig shorts like it was my job all day Sunday and Monday.

Pregnancy Fitness:  This week I did some treadmill walking and some halftime dancing- My college dance team does an alumni performance every year at homecoming. I figured one last year wouldn't hurt.  It was a great workout and showed me how far I can push myself cardio-wise. I've been kind of a weenie about "hurting the baby" but this showed me that I am capable of doing far more...as soon as I can walk again ;) 

Symptoms: Dehydration/headaches/stomach cramps.  All because I'm having some trouble staying hydrated.  I feel like I am drinking a ton of water but I'm not drinking enough, apparently.

Belly Button: Still looks like your average belly button.

Stretchmarks? No new ones. I was thinking last night they'll probably wait to show up until like week 39 when I just don't care anymore.

Cravings? Not craving anything. I will take this opportunity to share that I ordered pizza for us the other night and somehow missed that it said "BBQ" for sauce.  BBQ sauce on a pizza, while it sounds like it might be a weird pregnancy craving, is actually disgusting.

Sleep:   Still the same, just waking up to go to the bathroom. Still able to sleep on my stomach, which is nice.

Looking Forward To:  Our sneak peek u/s!

What I miss: Being fun.  I am no fun anymore. I hope the funness comes back :(

Doc/Chloe: are super excited that Grandma Davis is here visiting for a couple of days! (She's staying at the Gish Hotel for a work meeting.)

Weekly wisdom: Drink more water!!!

Other: I thought I should mention that I already had my glucose test.  I have a family history of diabetes so I had to do the test at 13 weeks instead of 28 (oh but don't worry, I get to do it again!).  In all honesty, the "fruit punch" tasted pretty good.... and I passed!

This week's picture below. Looks like a beer belly... not a baby :(



1 comment:

  1. Try eating Raisin Bran for the stomach cramps. It can really help. :)

    ReplyDelete