Total Pageviews

Friday, August 2, 2013

Where have I been?

Well, July has come and gone and I haven't spent too much of it on the blog.  That's probably because I've been all over the place!  I definitely owe posts about Jess and Ryan's wedding and my Around the World Birthday Party... but those will have to wait for whenever it is that I have more time on my hands.

For now, I thought I'd go through my phone and pick out a few pictures that depict what my life was like this July 2013.

Starting with July 4th: I managed to take zero pictures of the actual party... We had a "Jorth of July" party in which we and our friends wore and created various things out of denim.  A Love made koozies-oops, I mean "joozies" and "joasters".  And her dogs came and they wore "jollars".  The party grew bigger than I thought it would which made it that more awesome.  We had a great time under the watchful eye of this "Juper Hero":



Shortly after July 4th weekend, Joey left for an entire week for a trip to Georgia for work.  I've traveled for work before but Joey has not.  (Well, once he went to FL for a couple days with Best Buy and he ended up in Disney World and I was reallly bitter.)  So he was gone for a whole week but I can't complain because he is not in the military and I know plenty of awesome Mil Spouses who deal with deployments and this was no comparison whatsoever. Apples and Oranges.  I will say, though, that it is a little scary without him in the house at night.  I was really glad to have the dogs there as my extra pair of eyes and ears.


The first night was probably the worst.  I was just a little freaked and so I decided to booby trap the house so if someone decided to break in and "get me", I'd hear them coming.  Of course I had nothing to worry about since Chloe took it upon herself to guard the door all night.  She woke me up every hour or so 'boofing' at something... Thankfully the next night it was Doc's turn and he is a much better watchman.


The third day Joey was gone this guy (below) decided it would be a good idea to park his car in front of my house and take a bunch of pictures of it.  It was so weird... I heard the dogs barking out the front window and I went to look.  He stayed there for a good 15-20 minutes, taking pictures of the outside and interior of the vehicle, maybe to sell it?  I have no idea who he is or why he thought my house would be a good backdrop.  I was a little weirded out and definitely glad when he drove away.  


After Joey returned from the JAX area, it was time for the Warner-Wolowski wedding!! This event deserves a post of its' own, which it will get, eventually.  It was a beautiful day and everything was amazing!! I love these two and I wish them the best of luck on their move to Raleigh and their new life together.



Friendshipsss

If you live around these parts, you'll know that the temps got up to some really ridiculously high numbers this month.  The below used to be a tall citronella candle...


Another thing we Joey accomplished this month was the beginning of the back deck reno.  He got out the power-washer and spent 5 HOURS on the first round. It looks much better but it is far from finished :(



 Finally, the last thing that happened was my annual Birthday Bash, which is always themed and completely out of control.  This year, we went with the "Around the World and Epcot World Showcase" theme.  I went completely overboard as per usual, spent a TON of money on booze, and we had a fabulous time.  This one also deserves its' own post.

Backseat passenger

Just some of the fun...
So, July has come and gone but it doesn't mean I've been sitting around doing nothing! I've also been enjoying my book club, got another Stitch Fix, and have big plans for August.  So I promise to be back with more thrilling entries (and more pin pics) soon!

~SG

No comments:

Post a Comment