Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Around the World: Sarah's 29th Birthday

Hooooly moly. I always find it funny that I never get any views until I post something about Stitch Fix. 

Now it's time for me to share my latest genius themed party.  I'm not humble when it comes to theme parties. I mean, I LOVE throwing parties. I love it. And I'm good at it. I love getting way too into it, going overboard with decorations, favors, FOOD (I'm Italian. Can't help it.) and this time, beverages.  

Many of you are aware that Joey and I are Disney Fanatics.  Yes, with a capital F.  We go ~twice per year and don't plan on stopping any time soon.  One of our favorite activities to take part in at Disney is to drink around the World Showcase at Epcot.  There are 12 countries (including the African Outpost) and the goal is to have a drink in each country.  Sounds easy, right?

Wrong.

Before I start sharing the pictures, I'll let you know that there aren't too many pictures of the actual party.  Thank goodness there are pictures at all otherwise many of the guests might not believe it actually happened.  We are blaming the "jungle juice" in Africa for everyone's memory lapse.  It seems there is good reason that Disney does not use grain alcohol in their beverages.....

And now, without further ado, I present to you Epcot: World Showcase, the Gish edition:

The side porch was the entrance area.
The International Gateway was located in the kitchen.
There were eventually snacks on this table.  

America (Bud Light)
You may recognize the cooler from last year's Civil War birthday party!
Japan (Sake)
The pictures you see around the countries are pictures of us and our friends in the real Epcot, in those countries.
African Outpost (Jungle Juice)

Germany (Weihenstephan beer)
I also served soft pretzels here.

Norway (Carlsberg)

Italy (Mezzacorona Pinot Grigio)

Morocco (Sangria)

Canada (Labatt Blue)

China (Plum Wine)
We figured the gym was OK for China since they have such good athletes... 

(More China)

United Kingdom (Bass)

France (Champagne)

Mexico (Dos Equis)
Mexico was actually located outside on the back porch.  It rained, but thankfully we had friends with a canopy!

And then came the guests.   Here are just a few pictures of the many friends and family that attended.  The rule, as with all of my parties, is that you get to drink my booze if you come in costume.  Luckily, everyone knows this by now and we had lots of GREAT ones.  I can't share them all... but here are some:

Me (Germany) and Joey (Norway)

A Love and Ryan (Canada)

Krystle and Robert (America!)

Chelsea and Cragin (Mexico!)

A Love made passports.  They were ridiculously detailed and completely awesome!!!!!  She also made stickers for each country.  The rule was you couldn't put a sticker in your passport until you finished your drink!

I mean, seriously. OMG.

"Eh Love".... GET IT?!?!?!?!
PS How mad was Joey that I dressed up his deer... hahah

Flip Cup

Birthday cake!!!!!!!!

Dance party.  I mean, look at Kyle (Ireland). That is some serious effort.  Also, no one is sure how Alex (Mexico) got A Love's Canadian shirt.... 
Thanks to everyone who made it out and helped make my 29th birthday one to remember!! (Or... maybe not).

~SG

No comments:

Post a Comment