Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 12, 2013

My First Stitch Fix

Have you heard of it?  I had never, until I complimented a new friend on her blouse and she said that's where she got it. She gave me her referral link, and the rest is history!

Stitch Fix is an awesome company.  You fill out a survey where you describe what kind of clothes you like- what styles, what looks good on you, and what size you are.  It's very detailed and they go to great lengths to get a good idea of what you do and don't like.

Then you schedule a fix- you pay $20 (your "styling fee", which also can be used towards the items in your box if you decide to purchase anything) and they send you a box of about 5 pieces for you to try on!  It can be anything- pants, skirts, dresses, jackets, jewelry.  You have 3 business days to try them on and mail back the items you don't want!

I was so excited for my first box to arrive!  It finally did and I played dress up all weekend.  Here is what came in my first box:

Note: I lack two things- a full length mirror and a good camera.  So I used the mirror in the guest room and my phone camera. The pictures aren't that great but you can at least get a good idea of what the clothes looked like.

HOORAY! My box is FINALLY here!!!
 Item #1: Bracelet
I loved this bracelet. It took me 2 days to figure out how to put it on.  I thought it was really cute and I love the color, but I didn't "$38 love it".  So it went back.


Item #2: Cute little triangle dress
I thought it was a cute dress and I loved the way it made my legs look (perfect cut).  But It fit me a little weird around the hips and I didn't really know where I'd wear it.  So it went back.


Item #3: Green heart sweater
This one was comfortable but of all the items in the box, was least "my style".  It went back as well.



Item #4: Color block tank
Initially, this item was my favorite out of the box.  It is light, comfortable, and I like the colors.  I decided it was too "booby" for me, and also it was a little gappy near the armpits. I opted to return it.


By now you are like "dude, did you keep anything from the box?? The answer is yes, I did!

Item #5: Peplum shirt
I like this one for several reasons, but mostly because it is perfect for work, play, and otherwise.  I can wear this so many different types of places and it fit perfectly, which is what made it so attractive to me.  I would have never picked this out on my own- I don't typically go for colors like this one.  Best part? With the $20 I had already paid, it was only an additional $18.  Total win.


So, obviously I've already signed up to get my next Fix!!!

I'm going to be incredibly tacky but if you are interested in joining, click on this link and I'll get credit for your membership :)

http://stitchfix.com/sign_up?referrer_id=3076424

Two things to leave you with:
1. I loved how everything in my box fit me.  It is hard to make that happen even when I'm shopping for myself!
2. I waited about a month for my membership to go through, but it was totally worth it!!!!!

~SG

2 comments:

  1. Great choice! The peplum top looks fabulous on you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY Thank you! It def looks better in real life.

      Delete