Total Pageviews

Monday, March 4, 2013

Turkey Leg

When we visit Disney World we always buy stupid souvenirs that we normally would never pay money for... let alone Disney prices.............

This brings me to one of Joey's prized souvenirs- a "turkey leg" scented car air freshener.  (No I'm not making this up.)

via
It took us a while to unpack from our trip, but when we finally opened the suitcase the dogs found the air freshener right away.  We had to pull it out and put it on the dresser.

One day a couple weeks ago, Joey decided to take the thing out of its' wrapper.  Why, I don't know.  Because it was potent. The dogs were all over it.  Joey had it hanging on a kitchen cabinet for a hot second before I freaked out and told him to "get it out of my house this instant". 

Luckily for all of us, he obliged and went outside to put it in his car where it belonged.

The following Saturday I got in my car to run errands and it smelled faintly of vitamins.  I thought it was items from the care package I was getting ready to send to Afghanistan but when I went to put the keys in the ignition I felt the turkey leg that was hanging from the steering wheel.

 Joey wasn't home so instead of just putting it inside, I placed it carefully inside his work shoe.  I had to pile other shoes on top of it so the dogs wouldn't spoil the surprise.

Monday I got a nasty email about how he'd found it first thing in the morning and his shoe smelled more and more like turkey as the day went on.

I laughed.

Two weeks later and the turkey leg hasn't made another appearance.  This would  be fine if it wasn't missing.    I know my husband and I know its' somewhere waiting for me to discover it.  I've laid in bed wondering where the H it could be, and I honestly don't know.

The other night I asked again where it was and he said I'd likely "seen it already but not realized it". Um... how do you miss that!?!?

I'm freaking out wondering where it is and why I haven't noticed it yet.  Any suggestions are welcome.....

No comments:

Post a Comment