Total Pageviews

Monday, March 18, 2013

Laura's Island Oasis

As you may know, my sister is in her senior year at PSU.  A couple weeks ago, it was time for spring break, but she had nowhere to go :( 

I decided to save the day by inviting her to our place for a couple of days.  I then went completely overboard in my planning, however I'm still really proud of myself for being such an awesome big sis.

As you may or may not know, I often refer to our house as "The Gish Hotel" because we have a lot of bedrooms and enjoy hosting parties and guests.  I decided to set Laura up with a reservation from The Gish Hotel and then went slightly overboard and created an entire website for our hotel...

After making sure she recieved her reservation confirmation, I went to work creating a little bit of an Island Paradise right here in Woodbridge. 







I left a huge bag of goodies in her room to include a beach towel, flip flops, a visor, a couple fruity drinks, and a gift certificate to the local tanning salon.

I also put another goody bag in the bathroom with some coconut and other island-y shower gel, lotion, and candles.

We weren't expecting her until Wednesday night, but I was so excited when everything arrived on Tuesday that I set everything up right away.  It was a good thing I did all of this early because then Snowpocalypse II happened.  Wednesday morning we had a bunch of snow on the ground, work and schools were all canceled, and I told Laura that if she didn't come to our house ASAP, that she'd be stuck at her friend Katie's in Fairfax until Friday.  Unfortunately I happened to be wrong (I'm blaming the meteorologists), but she got her butt over to our house and we got to play in the snow together all day.


We also played Disney Cranium

The dogs tried to help
After a long day of sledding down our ivy patch, it was time for early bedtime because we had to go back to work in the morning.

Thursday, Laura stayed at home with the Pins while we went to work. 

Friday, I took the day off and surprised her with a massage and took her to use her tanning gift certificate.



Then we baked cupcakes for Joey's birthday party at the bowling alley before heading out to a local brew house where we all tried a bunch of really alcoholic beers.



Saturday we checked out a local winery with Lydia before heading home to get ready for the big birthday party.

It was GREAT to have my sister here and we will be seeing her again at The Gish Hotel very soon!

~SG

PS: For reservations, contact me!

No comments:

Post a Comment