Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

"It's the Holiday Season...."

Wait. It is?  I thought it was Halloween.  (Or Thanksgiving?)

Somehow, in the last couple of weeks, my husband has successfully brainwashed me into accepting that the holidays are coming and that they are the most wonderful time of the year.

I've never been a fan of the holidays.  Too much stress.  Joey, however, has been December's #1 fan his entire life. 

Last weekend, I grudgingly accepted that we were going to go down the Christmas aisle in Walmart.  Next thing I knew I was gleefully tossing red and green sparkly ornaments and other Christmas crap into my cart.
[I DID, however, put my foot down on getting out the decorations until after Thanksgiving and I thought he was going to throw a tantrum right there in front of the little Christmas houses that light up and sing songs...]

The other morning, I saw a friend's Facebook post that 97.1 was going to start playing Christmas music at 8am.  I switched over around 8:05, just in time for the Disney-style countdown and the celebration with the song "Sleigh Ride"....

After this weekend's performance of "A Christmas Carol", I'm actually looking forward to bringing out the Nutcracker Army and the other decorations that have slowly started creeping up from the basement.

So, now that I'm no longer in denial about the holidays, (and actually pretty excited about them!) here's a quick list of all the fun things we are going to be doing this season:

"A Christmas Carol" at Ford's Theater

ICE at the Gaylord National Hotel

Bull Run Festival of Lights

Trans Siberian Orchestra

Engagement Party for my brother and his fiancee

Family Christmas Parties

...and maybe a few other things that aren't booked/set in stone.

Happy Holiday Season to All!  Let the fun begin!

~SG

No comments:

Post a Comment