Total Pageviews

Monday, November 5, 2012

First Weekend in November

I'm pretty sure I say this every month, but I just can't believe another summer has flown by and here we are smack dab in the middle of Fall.  Thanksgiving is the next holiday! Time really flies when you are an adult :-/

This weekend was pretty much the opening of hunting season (not counting bow season), and Joey was off to the property.  I was left alone to fend for myself with the Pins!

Friday night I headed off to the historic Rockledge Mansion in Occoquan for the dance company fundraiser.  While getting ready, I took a "selfie" to show Joey what dress I decided on.  I don't like posting these, but I thought this one was extra funny because you can see Chloe in the corner, and if you follow her gaze... you'll see what she is so eagerly awaiting.  (PS this is in the guest bedroom... need to get a full length mirror!)


From there, I headed over to the fundraiser, which was a masquerade ball!  I also took some pictures inside the mansion, because Joey and I have always wondered what it would look like.

Masquerade!

Doorways were SO short in the late 1700s!

Creepy Fireplace/servant quarters
I did find out that the mansion is haunted (duh).  Apparently there is a friendly confederate soldier and also some villagers that walk through the ballroom on their way to collect water from the river.  I didn't see anything out of the ordinary, although that last picture has kind of a haze on it, doesn't it?!

Saturday I was lucky enough to be able to spend time with my friend Teresa and her family, and my friend, Shirin.  Teresa flew in from Colorado where her husband is stationed for the USMC Marathon last weekend.  She ran it in 3:30 (!!!!) and then got stranded here because of the hurricane.  Her husband had to be here for business this weekend, so the whole family reunited, and Shirin and I got to spend some time with Resa before they went back to CO.


Late Saturday, I got word that Joey (finally) shot a buck at the property. It's his biggest one yet.  He also got to see a bear with two cubs, which he said was awesome.  I know there might be some people who don't like hunting, so I made the pic black and white to take the edge off.  It should also be noted that he was wearing his "Choot Em" tee shirt....


Sunday was spent running too many miles and eating too much fast food. 

Another great weekend in the books.

~SG

No comments:

Post a Comment