Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Traumatic Events

I think it's time to come clean about what REALLY happened last night.  Around 9:00pm, my Facebook status read "There's blood and flour everywhere! Sorry Doc!".  Which brought on quite a few concerned comments and texts...

Let's just say that this was NOT Doc's first MANicure.  We've cut his nails before, and actually just recently mastered the art of holding a piece of cheese in front of his nose to distract him whilst clipping said nails.  Pre-cheese, he would wimper and pull his paw away like a little child.  It was terrible.

Let me also say that I am a total dog mom.  Judge me if you want, but I have no children, so I am free to put all of my anxiety, worry, and obsession into one little 7 pound animal.  And I do.  The first time we left him with a friend while we went on vacation, I left her with a 6 page "DOC-ument" which detailed everything about him, what NOT to do (don't lose my dog!) and requested photos and text message updates daily. 

Anyway, back to last night, where Doc was WAY overdue for a manicure.  After one too many scratch marks on my neck and face, I grabbed the clippers and the cheese, and I held him in my lap while Joey clipped.  He was happily eating the cheese, when *clip* "Hmm, I think I cut that one too short...".  Doc seemed unfazed, and was still more interested in the cheese, so it didn't bother me.

Until I noticed blood on my hand where I hadn't seen it before.  There wasn't much, and it took me a minute to realize it was coming from Doc, who was still happily cheese-sniffing.  I wasn't awfully concerned, and Joey went to the kitchen for a "home remedy".  Flour. 

White powder. Wriggly dog. Blood. > our apartment.

It looked like a horrible baking accident... or that we tried to bake a Doc-pie (um hello, it was Pi Day!)...

The flour stopped the bleeding for a hot second, but little mister can't-sit-still ended up bleeding again, all over our bed.  We got the bleeding to stop several times, but then he would go walking around and it would start again.  I only panicked once, when it wasn't stopping- and I googled (bad idea) which just made it worse.  But thankfully he was FINE.

Eventually the bleeding did stop.  I checked it this morning and it's just a big scab now.  It doesn't seem to be bothering him at all, so don't call the authorities on me.

Just know that I am going out per several recommendations and buying a PediPaw...

~SG

PS: Sorry, I didn't take any pictures but I wasn't exactly in picture mode while all of this was going on............

No comments:

Post a Comment