Total Pageviews

Monday, March 7, 2011

Joey's Birthday!

And now it's time for yet another exciting post about my personal life! 
(Material is lacking lately, but I have a few good ideas in mind so just hang in there.)

This weekend, my husband turned 26! This is a big deal cause now we're the same age. For 4 months, I'm not robbing the cradle!

We had kind of a low key birthday weekend.  I guess as you get older, birthdays get less and less fun.  Which is doubly depressing for me, as I always throw myself a huge extravaganza with a theme and free alcohol for whoever comes dressed the part.  (July. Stay tuned.  I have some big ideas.)

On his birthday morning, Joey woke up and the first thing he said was, "Hey, don't worry about waiting til later.  You can give me my plane tickets and park hopper pass now.  Where are we staying? Old Key West?" (Referring to Disney World, if you didn't catch on).  As I started to say "Sorry, not this birthday", he responded, "Oh... Saratoga Springs then?"

Unfortunately I did not have a Disney Vacation to give him.  Even his card was kind of messed up because as I went to write his name on the envelope, I simultaneously yelled at the dog for something and so there is a big "D" on the card instead of a J.... Happy Birthday Doey...

We were lucky enough to have some good friends meet us for dinner at a new Hibachi place near our house.  Before dinner, Joey and I stopped off at an old haunt, Buffalo Wing University to grab a beer.  I guess being in our old stomping grounds made us feel bold, so we each chugged a "wrong island" bomb  (and immediately regretted it) and then headed off to dinner.

Here are some pictures from Joey's birthday dinner!







After dinner, a few of us headed to the bowling alley, where I bowled a mean 65 (ok kidding, I don't remember what my score was but it was equally bad) and Joey got showed up by best man Teddy.  He was quite bitter. My sister even put in an appearance (from PA!) and we all had a splendiferous time.

The next day we had dinner with some of Joey's family.  The highlight of the day came when it was time to eat cake.  Joey's not a huge fan of cake, dessert, or anything sweet for that matter- but he does love him some cheesecake.

This is his slice, with 26 candles in it.


So Joey's birthday was a little low key, yes.  Why so cheap?  Not because I don't love him....
I GUESS I should probably admit that the reason we are being so thrifty is that we put a contract on a house and are waiting to hear about it.... so it's probably a good idea that we stop spending money all willy nilly (was that the pizza guy at the door?).... right... well we are trying!!

More details to come soon- I don't want to jinx anything!!

~SG

No comments:

Post a Comment