Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Trip Report: Day 3

Sunday, January 16th 2010. 0830. WDW, FL.

Today kind of happened in two parts. Part A was me going to support the Masonettes at Nationals. Part B was the rest of the crew going to Hollywood Studios and Downtown Disney. I'll start with Part A and then go back in time :)

Part A:
I woke up early, got ready, donned my "Mason Dance Team" tee shirt, and cabbed it over to Wide World of Sports to meet up with the family, friends, and alumni (we had QUITE the cheering section!) who were there to cheer for Mason. They were competing in the Pom division and the routine looked REALLY good in practice. Their goal was top 3 and they had worked so hard! I love catching up with my Masonettes alumni. We were like a family during college- we spent more time with each other than we did at home, especially over winter break (what's that?). We watched all the teams in our division, cheered REALLY LOUD for Mason, and then we had a few hours to kill. Good thing we got to watch some amazing dances while we were there. We ate a lot of stadium type food, (I passed on the beer....for now) and took some funny pictures. I did some fouettes in the hall, ya know, the usual...

Masonette Alumni showing our serious pom skillz















Hours passed (I won't bore you with the dance details) and suddenly, it was time for awards. I don't get nervous when I compete, I get nervous for awards. It is SO NERVE WRACKING!!! They sit you on the stage and go from last to first, it's awful. There were 10 teams in the final competition. As they went from 10 down to 4, we DIDN'T HEAR OUR NAME, this was HUGE!!! Mason was awarded 3rd place (nationally) in Division 1 Pom. This is humungous for Mason- previous best was 5th (my year! Woop!) and we had never medaled. I am SO PROUD that I was part of the building blocks for this team to get 3rd place in a national competition. The alumni were jumping up and down like we were when Mason won the game vs. UCONN in '06. It was that kind of moment. But enough about me....

2010-2011 Masonettes with their Medals and 3rd Place Trophy!















Part B:
Obviously I wasn't there for this part so I am going to do my best. From what I know, they woke up eventually and headed to Hollywood Studios, where the crowds were horrendous.

The Crew without me at Hollywood Studios














They got a fast pass for Tower of Terror and saw the Muppets 3D movie. (One of my faves!) Their Tower of Terror experience was hilarious. Warner bought the pictures and subsequently left them on a Disney Bus... thank goodness for awesome Lost and Found!

Tower of Terror














I'm glad I didn't have to go on this ride... it is a free fall drop and while it IS a Disney ride, it's still my least favorite due to the anxiety I suffer while waiting in line and up until the very second before we fall. After that, they decided HS was too crowded, and they headed over to Downtown Disney. They were stalling because I had strictly instructed them NOT to go to EPCOT without me. See tonight we were scheduled to go Around the World... and, just in case you don't know, Around the World is a drinking adventure where the participants have a drink (or 2) in each "Country" in EPCOT's World Showcase. There are 13 countries. It's a lot harder than it sounds. Trust me.

Anyway, they went to Downtown Disney, got some lunch, and did some window shopping. By this time, my extremely impatient husband wanted to get the show on the road, so they went to EPCOT (but promised me they wouldn't drink a drop!). They rode Spaceship Earth while they waited, and Peyton and Casey went to Mexico to have a few beers. They missed the memo about not drinking. This was the beginning of the end.

AROUND THE WORLD

I finally arrived at EPCOT with my Masonette and XO pal, Krystle, in tow and we met up with the crew and Krystle's fiancé, Robert, who had met up with the boys in EPCOT. It was FINALLY time to start the festivities. We took a "before" picture of us in our jerseys, and I met a very drunk woman who latched onto my wrist and wouldn't let go. It was terrifying.

Before...















Then we went into Mexico and started the fun with a shot of tequila and a Dos Equis.

Let the games begin!




















By the time we arrived in Canada (country #2) it was clear that Pasey (Peyton + Casey) had had quite a few beers. We worried they wouldn't make it! In Canada, we drank our Moosehead and found a hidden Mickey in one of the totem poles.


Joey pointing out the hidden Mickey...















Next stop? The UK! We all drank cider from the Rose and Crown, and I had a good time calling the phone booths and watching confused children answer the phones when they rang. In France we got Grand Marnier slushies- orangely delicious. By Morocco, it was clear that we needed to eat some dinner. Luckily Morocco has the most amazing food EVER. I always get the Shawarma Lamb Platter. It's effing amazing. This was also the time when Peyton and Casey left. I guess they underestimated how difficult it is to drink around the world! Japan was our next stop and here is where we lost the boys. Krystle, A Love and I decided to wait for some of our Masonette friends, so we sat down under a tree and had a long conversation about ???.

Celebrating with Masonettes Alum
















Since this post is getting long and boring, I'll finish up with:
Joey and Warner made it all the way around the world, drinking in every country. We (the girls) met up with them in Mexico after sake bombs, turkey legs, bud light, etc. We ended our night in Mexico with some light-up goodies, lots of tequila shots, and some margaritas.

End of the night, back in Mexico!















Joey, Warner and A Love left ahead of me to go home while I hung out with my girls for a bit longer. So I had a nice relaxing walk out of EPCOT at the end of the night with my margarita in one hand and wearing my light up Mickey bopper ears. I must've looked SO cool when I ran into my friend Amanda and her Mom...

When I arrived home to Saratoga, I was greeted by A Love and Joey who were waiting for me outside the room. We decided to let Warner sleep it off..... so we went to the hottub and probably scarred this little kid for life. Except his Dad seemed to think it was funny that 3 drunk people were hanging out in the hottub with his 13 year old kid. Whatever.

The day was over, Mason got 3rd, Joey made it around the world, again, and Warner did not pass out in a bush. I'd say that was a pretty successful Day 3.

~SG

No comments:

Post a Comment