Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Dirrrrty Dancing

If you know me at all, you’ll know that I’m a bit of a dancer. And by that I mean I practically danced out of the womb on July 18, 1984. Lately I’ve been tossing around some ideas for our first dance. Do I want to keep it traditional? Do we want to reenact Dirty Dancing a la Laura Lazarus Jessup (Congratulations!)? Do I want to create an entire production a la Greek Sing with backup dancers and props?

Part of me really wants to do something crazy and different, because I feel like it is expected of me. But then again, this is MY day so who are you people to have expectations?! I have a few surprises up my sleeve, mind you, but there won’t be circus performers, Jack Sparrow impersonators (um, I brought up the idea to a friend… wasn’t well received), Flower dogs, or Fireworks (but if anybody wants to foot the $5,000 bill I would LOVE YOU FOREVER).

Naturally, I turned to theknot.com because isn’t that where everyone goes for wedding advice? Don’t answer that. I found a quiz entitled “Which Choreographed Wedding Dance Are You?”. Go ahead, try it out!
http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-planning/wedding-music-ideas/articles/which-choreographed-wedding-dance-are-you.aspx

Here are my results:

Your dance style:
You’re willing to take a few risks, and you don’t mind having an audience.

Our advice: Push your comfort zone (just a little!) by learning an upbeat swing dance or even the Charleston. Warning: A big, white dress probably won’t fly for this one, so you might need a quick costume change into something you can move in. (Don’t worry; after the dance you can change back!)

The best part: The quick tempo will perfectly satisfy your taste for a bit of adventure, and the fancy footwork will wow your guests -- plus, as long as you keep moving, no one will even notice if you’re making up a move or two.


Well, my dance style is pretty accurate. I don’t mind pushing my comfort zone but I’m not going to change out of my dress. Also please note it is neither big nor white so we don’t really have that problem anyway! (ooh hints!) After reviewing my results, I think I’m going to go with an earlier plan I devised which I am obviously not going to share… it will encompass some creativity but no cardboard houses, toothpick bridges, or huge laminated dollar bills…

Oh stop complaining, in 33 days you’ll know EVERYTHING!! And, in 3 days I will be packing up my pirate hat and heading to Dewey Beach, DE for my bachelorette party!!! Expect tons of pictures and a huge write-up following this weekend. Because not only is it my bachelorette party, we are passing the ONE MONTH MARK on Saturday, September 10th. It is really almost here, people!!!

Lots of love,

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment