Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 16, 2010

"5, 6, 7, 8..."

I guess it’s about time that I write about my Bachelorette Party since I’ve had almost a week to recover! What a weekend! On Friday, I worked a half day and drove to Dewey Beach, DE with two of my bridesmaids, Gage and Amanda. We sailed in the ship, “Damned Barnacle of Tortuga” and got many stares and honks…

We arrived in Dewey and hit the beach right away! Except when we got to the beach, the sun left and it was COLD. So we trashed that idea and got some adult beverages and headed to the hotel room where we worked on bedazzling my tank top for Saturday night.

The other girls slowly arrived one by one, and some in groups. Laura and my cousin Jaime suddenly appeared out of nowhere and wanted me to see my room… which was all pirated out!! I loved it!!

We all went out to dinner, ate really big hot dogs, I made a new friend, and had a fabulous time.

Saturday morning we were all up pretty early, and some of the girls even went for a run! (Crazies…) We had nothing else to do, and the weather was PERFECT, so we hit the beach for a good 5 hours. While we were there we had a mini photo shoot, which garnered the attention of the ENTIRE beach. We even got our picture taken for somebody’s Christmas card…

After beach time, it was finally PARTY time!! Everyone donned their outfits and we had a mini little pre-game party on the Poop Deck out in front of our hotel. I was showered with some awesome lingerie, champagne, a feather boa, and a really long task list. Oh boy….

From there we headed to dinner at Nalu, where we drank huge buckets of some kind of fruity, delicious drink and I downed a lot of pasta… I was going to need it!

After dinner, we headed to 3 different bars. Throughout the night, I met the guy who played Derice in Cool Runnings, the partial owner of the Charlotte Bobcats, sat in a convertible Bentley, danced on a stage with a band called Split Decision, met a bunch of Chi Omegas from the University of Delaware, and ended the night with Amanda on the beach and at a motel pool that was WAY too cold to swim in…
I had a blast and I am so lucky to have such wonderful bridesmaids and friends. Everyone did a wonderful job with the planning and I had the BEST time. We are getting so close to the big day, I can hardly believe it!!

24 days to go!

Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment