Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Sweet Like Honey

I realize it has been a little while since my last update, however due to some important life events like my 26th birthday and a weeklong trip to San Francisco (for work, people!) I have been away from my desk.

Today’s post is about our HONEYMOON! Since we just put down our final payment and we are officially going, I figured I’d spend some time raving about how awesome it’s going to be and what my worries are-cause it wouldn’t be me if I didn’t worry about SOMETHING.

As you probably know from reading our website, we’re leaving the morning after our wedding (ok, not such a smart move) for the airport and flying to San Juan, PR to embark on an 11 night cruise around the Caribbean. Clearly I’ll be packing my pirate stuff.
For the next 2 weeks (almost) we’ll be gallivanting around 8 ports of call, 2 days at sea, and drinking rum punch until we forget that we just signed our lives away to each other. <-joke. Unless Mother Nature decides it’s not meant to be that way.

*Cue music: Dun dun dunnnnn*

October, as you may already know, is smack dab in the middle of Atlantic Hurricane Season. Is our honeymoon going to get ruined by a hurricane? So far, those who I’ve brought this up to have assured me that the boat will cruise around the storm, but what if this is the MOTHER of them all? What if we can’t even take off? What if our flight is awful and I die of anxiety? Good thing I bought the trip insurance option and have a plethora of sleep aids in my medicine cabinet….

On to the excursions. We started checking out the looooong brochure last night. There are so many different things to do! We could swim with sea turtles, dolphins, or shipwrecks. We could check out scenes from Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest (what? We’ve already signed up for that? Duh!). We could play with monkeys or kayak down insane jungle rapids! So many decisions to make, and less than 11 weeks to make them in!

Please share any words of cruise wisdom that you might have! Email us at thegishwedding@gmail.com and tell us your favorite port of call, excursion, cruise advice, or anything else you may want us to know before embarking on this long trip together!

75 Days to go!
Love, Sarah

PS: I just noticed that sometime in the last week we had our 1000th visitor! Thanks for checking out our site and following along in my crazy wedding planning adventures! Look out for a website re-vamp soon with new engagement photos, and don’t forget to stay tuned after the wedding for a lifetime of Gishtasticness.

No comments:

Post a Comment