Total Pageviews

Monday, July 12, 2010

Less Than 3 Months!

The T-3 month mark happened on Saturday, which was a crazy, long wedding-filled day and I had zero time to blog or even think about blogging. This weekend was extremely successful and we got a lot done! So without futher ado…

Friday I worked a half day, and Joey, Doc and I packed up the car and headed to Paoli a little after lunchtime. We left Doc with my parents, and headed out to Strasburg, PA to meet with our wonderful wedding photographers! Included in our wedding day package is a “Getting to Know You” photo session, so of course we took full advantage of this! We had an awesome time. I can’t wait to see the pictures, and of course, I will update the site with some summer shots since it’s a little wintery at the moment! We went to two locations- a gorgeous wildflower trail and (a blast from my past)
Strasburg Rail Road. I spent so much time here as a kid, it was really freakin’ cool to take photos there with my husband-to-be.
After our amazing photo session, Joey and Doc headed back to VA for a manly weekend together. I got some things together for Saturday and hit the hay! Saturday morning came very early! My Mom and I got all ready and headed out to Florist #1 bright and early. We finalized all of the reception flowers (centerpieces, cake, etc.). I’m so glad I can check that off my list! Then it was time to get in the car for a surprise bridal shower….. but not for me! One of my childhood best friends, or I guess she could be referred to as family, is getting married the weekend before me!

Congratulations Christy!!
Me, Becky (MOH), Christy (Bride), and Kim (this is her picture)

I enjoyed the Parisian theme, remnants of Disney stuff, and spent way too much time at the chocolate fountain. It was a blast! Before too long, it was time for me to get going. I had a hair and makeup trial to attend. I left my Mom at the shower (she’d find a ride, right?) and headed off to the salon for the most exciting part of the weekend. I’ve heard horror stories about trials before, so I was a little nervous. But everything went great. I was so pleased with how everything looked and I know it will come together perfectly on October 10th! Sorry, no pictures due to a very sneaky groom!!!

The last thing we did on Saturday was finalize the invitations. I was exhausted by the time I got home but I knew if we didn’t make the final decision, we were going to be way behind. So the invitations have been decided upon (and will go out in about a month)! PHEW!

Sunday morning I met with Florist #2 (and got to hang out with bridesmaid Steph!!) and finalized all of my personal flowers and the ceremony flowers. It is going to be so beautiful I can hardly wait!!!!

Then it was off to a train to Virginia. What a crazy but successful weekend. 90 days from today I’ll be getting all ready to go! There’s so much to do and I am ready to do it! Stay tuned for more updates because now things are really going to get crazy!!!!!

Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment