Total Pageviews

Monday, February 10, 2014

14 Week Bumpdate

I took this survey from several Mom-bloggers I follow and picked out my favorite questions to answer. I actually started doing this survey the day I found out.... My answers were alot like "Don't feel any different. Um.. none. Nothing. Nothing." SO I decided to wait a few more weeks to start doing them again. THEN the exhaustion kicked in. And here we are at 14 weeks. So without further ado...

Date: Feb 10, 2014

How far along? 14w 0d (Baby is the size of a lemon)

How is Mama doing? Feeling so much better lately. Energy is definitely back, as is my appetite. Two things that were missing for a really long time and I wondered if I'd ever want to leave my house ever again. New this week is some sciatic/nerve pain that pretty much feels like I'm being stabbed in the a$$. Good times.

Weight Gain: Since we're being perfectly honest here, I'll admit that I was +10 before I even GOT pregnant. I am going to blame this partially on going off BCP but also partially on drinking alot of wine because "I'm not going to be able to drink for a while!". That said, though, due to my severe lack of appetite/interest in eating ANYTHING during the first trimester, I'm actually still down -2. I'm ok with that. I know it will alllll come back.

Sex of the baby: [The original survey said "Gender". There is actually a difference between sex and gender. The sex refers to the reproductive parts on the baby- which is what I believe we are talking about here.] Anyway- I have no idea. I have tried to have motherly instinct but I got nothing. As (I think) is common with most couples, I'd love a baby girl and Joey would love a baby boy. So while we will be thrilled with a healthy baby, one of us will be extra thrilled ;)

Movement: Haven't felt anything yet.

Maternity Clothes? My friend/coworker gave me 2 huge bags of maternity clothes which I welcomed with open arms. My pants are starting to feel a little tight so I'm quickly running out of options for work. She gave me 3 Bella Bands which have saved my life as well as basically a whole new wardrobe. I won't have to start from scratch, THANK GOODNESS. So, with all this new stuff, I'm basically wearing a mix. I feel a little silly since I don't have a bump to speak of, but it's all about being comfortable!

Pregnancy Fitness: My original goal was to work out in some way 3 times per week. I've been doing a good job at maybe once per week. This needs to change. I have been pretty good about doing prenatal yoga, and I think I need to add a short walk/run and some light strength training. 

Symptoms: As I said above, the new symptom this week is the pain in the butt. I booked myself a prenatal massage for tomorrow (too soon? I don't care) and I believe this is the literal kick in the a$$ I need to get myself moving again. Now that I have the energy, I don't have an excuse.

Belly Button: I have a belly button. 

Stretchmarks? I prefer the term “zebra stripes". No new stretch marks at this time. I've been using Belli oil for a while now.

Cravings? Haven't had any cravings at all. Sometimes I'll see something on TV and go "that looks good" but I really haven't craved anything. I've been interested in sugary cereal and fruit snacks lately.

Sleep: I generally wake up to go to the bathroom and then I'm stuck awake for about 2 hours every night. This is further complicated by the fact that I'm now sleeping with a pillow in between my legs to try to help my hips.

Looking Forward To: Baby's first trip to Disney World (in utero).... in 2 weeks!
(Fun Fact: I also visited Disney World in utero.)

What I miss: Wawa turkey hoagies.

Doc/Chloe: They both are interested in snuggling up to my belly lately, but I don't know if that means they know or just that they are cold because Joey keeps the fan on at night...

Weekly wisdom: Try not to worry about everything. I had a sudden realization earlier this week while I was googling my 4th thing for the day. In the end, our bodies know what to do. We just need to fuel them properly and make sure not to do anything too crazy. Worrying won't help anything.

Aaaand since my belly hasn't changed all that much in the past 2 weeks, I'm posting the 12 week photo since I look much cuter than I do in the 14 week photo that I took this morning...
Note: You will not always get a bare belly pic so don't get too excited.


 
That's all for now :)
~SG

No comments:

Post a Comment