Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Eat, Drink and be Married!

Now that the craziest experience of my life is over, we can get back to our regularly scheduled programming here at Oh My Gish.

I'm way overdue for a write up about the Engagement Party I helped throw for my brother, Alex, and his fiancee, Corinne.  Back in December, I along with Corinne's parents hosted a lovely holiday themed soiree to celebrate Alex and Corinne's upcoming nuptials.  

The party took place at Corinne's parents beautiful home in Exeter, PA.  We had a wonderful time celebrating with family and friends, and introducing the families to each other.

My Mom and I had crafted some of the decorations a few weeks earlier while I was visiting for my high school reunion.  I ordered koozies and Mom helped me make a sign to place in front of them.



We also made two banners, one of which is below:


Finally, we put together a clothesline collage of some of our favorite pictures of the happy couple.


I provided the themed beverage for the night- "God Rest Ye Merry GINtlemen".  It was a huge hit.  So huge, in fact, that the glass ladle of my punch bowl got broken.  But hey, it was a good party.

Mom also made the menu holders! So cute!

Sneak Peek at the bar/Possible explanation for later shananigans
Before the party got started I made Corinne and Alex do a little photo shoot by the Christmas tree.  Congratulations, you guys!!! 1-4-14!!!


The party was SO MUCH FUN.  The food was delicious, the company was entertaining, and the wine flowed generously.  

Later in the evening, when most of the guests had left but a few close friends were still around, I was handed a little box.  I was so excited when I opened it!!!


Of course I said yes!!!

The rest of the evening was spent partying WAY too hard, dancing and eating delicious goodies.



We are SO excited for their wedding.  If the engagement party was any indication, it is going to be AMAZING.

Glad to be back!

~SG

No comments:

Post a Comment