Total Pageviews

Monday, February 7, 2011

Gonna be sore tomorrow...

After work today I came home, put on some comfy clothes, and tried to take a nap.  Doc decided this was not going to be allowed, and 30 minutes later went on a barking rampage because of the crazy axe murderer neighbor who was parking her car outside. I got up, threw some clothes in the wash, and was trying to figure out what to do when I realized I was wearing an entire workout outfit minus the sneakers/socks.  SO I decided to man up and go for a run since it was close to 50 degrees outside today. 

I am really proud of myself.  Not because I ran 10 miles (cause I didn't) or because my pace was 9 minutes per mile (cause it wasn't), but because I actually went outside and DID something.  Did my lungs burn? Yes. Did my ears hurt? Yes. Did I walk alot? Yeah, I did.  But I went outside and exercised and actually kind of enjoyed it!  I used to run quite a bit, and I love to run themed races and dress up in outfits with my friends.  I love the thrill of crossing the finish line, which makes you forget about all the pain it took to get you there.  I've just gotten out of the loop.

I really hope that this isn't the only time I'll go running this spring.  I know it is supposed to snow again this week (@#&*!) and that I will probably put it off due to the weather (slolam running through sidewalk snow kind of sucks, although it is distracting so you don't notice your lungs imploding as quickly).  But I also hope that I can motivate myself to get out there and do something-even if it's just walking- because now that I'm not dancing/coaching/working two jobs, I have alot of free time to sit on my butt and do nothing.  So far that's gotten me nowhere except to the realization that all my clothes are fitting pretty tight lately...

So. Feel free to leave some motivation, or info about your favorite 5k.  I'm going to go and pat myself on the back now.

And since I don't have any photos to share in this post (nice try if you think I'm gonna post a sweaty, smelly pic) I'll leave you with a picture of the artwork we had made with my wedding boquet and our wedding invitation.  The flowers were preserved after the wedding, thanks to bridesmaid Kendayl who took care of dropping them off.  The company is All Seasons Floral Preservation and they are just wonderful.  Nothing but good things to say!  It is a blackberry pic so sorry about the quality... Enjoy!

~SG

No comments:

Post a Comment