Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The First 48

Well, I didn't really know what to write about and I didn't want to leave you hanging for an extended period of time... so I sat here for a moment and considered a number of things.

1. Posting phone pics of sleeping husband and dog. I think they look hilarious but I doubt anybody else would.
2. Taking a pic/explaining random items from the huge pile of junk I cleaned out from my car (random searches today, and I didn't want to have to explain the box of leftover "goodies" from my bachelorette party...).
3. Finding a Headling of the Day.  No such luck.

Clearly I am reaching here.  So I'll just tell you about my new favorite TV show real quick, since that's what I'm watching.  It's on A&E and it's called "The First 48".  It's a reality/documentary show that follows homicide detectives through the process of solving murders.  The premise is that detectives have the best chance of solving a homicide if they get a lead in the first 48 hours.  I realize this sounds kind of morbid but for some reason it kind of fascinates me.

I find it very interesting to watch people in general.  It's even more interesting to watch the interactions between the detectives and the families of the victims, and between the detectives and the suspects.  It's so crazy the way they can manipulate the situation and make the person feel comfortable enough to confess.  I guess I should also say that there is minimal blood/gore and this is not really a "scary" tv show.  I mean, I've had moments late at night where my imagination totally gets the best of me and I swear somebody is breaking into my apartment to murder me... but usually I do pretty well.

Not that anybody usually responds, but do you guys have a weird TV show that you like that is kind of uncharacteristic?  I mean, I'm all rainbows and butterflies so I'm sure people would find it weird that I like this kind of show...

Welp that's all I've got for tonight. I don't even have a picture.

Unless something really cool happens, I probably won't post until after I return from my next work trip-which is coming up.  Just a fair warning!

Peace out!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for the new episode to come on tonight. I know just like the rest, it's going to be awesome. You can tell the detectives are only fighting for justice for the victims and that's what I love about the show. No matter why the person was killed or what they were doing when they were killed they still get the same respect as everyone else. I work and subscribe to DISH Network and when I'm at work or out of town, I watch this show and any other show on A&E using the TV Everywhere function in the DISH Remote Access app. The app is free and it let's you watch live or pre-recorded shows from your DVR on your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch or any Android supported device. I love it and I am always recommending that people come to DISH Network and I am inviting anyone who comes across this post to explore DISH Network and experience a value unseen by any other TV provider!

    *Danielle

    ReplyDelete