Total Pageviews

Monday, March 2, 2015

A Case of the Mondays...

So I am super proud of myself for getting on our old treadmill and run-walk-running for 90 minutes this weekend.  So I thought I would come here and toot my own horn.

My main goal for the Shamrock Half on March 22nd is to finish the race.  I do not have a time in mind and I am happy that J&R Racing gives a VERY GENEROUS 4 hour time limit.... so there is no stress.  Since I had Abby I have been doing 2:2 intervals and sometimes they even feel too easy, but they are making running long distances enjoyable and attainable for me, therefore I'm going to continue doing it.  I'm not really in it to get a fast time.  I just want the bling. And the free beer.

I was doing great on my training schedule- 2 short runs and 1 long run per week. I had been training for time only and had gotten up to 1 hour when I had to get an ingrown toenail removed.  IT SOUNDS HORRIBLE but I promise it was really not. It was kind of like going to the dentist for your toe (??). The numbing was the worst part but then it was numb so who cares.  It was a lot of stress and googling and worrying for really no reason.

Anyway, I did have to give it a little time to heal although I was a big baby about it and it was so weird because I kept thinking it was going to hurt or be sore and it wasn't. Luckily my Disney Vacation gave me another excuse to skip running and so I took about 2 weeks off. Maybe 3. I'm not really sure.

Last week I looked at the calendar and was like "oh crap". My race is coming up fast and I don't want to hurt myself, embarrass myself, or both. So I jumped on the treadmill and did my 2 short runs and then Saturday came. Drinking a few margs/beers the night before probbbbably didn't help me but I toughed it out. The first 20 minutes really sucked. But after that I just kept telling myself 10 more minutes.  Once I got to an hour I told myself get to an hour and 15.  Then I said an hour 20.  I was super proud of myself and I took some pictures and posted to my local Moms Run This Town group on Facebook. I recently joined the group and I have to say they are all really nice and very supportive. (Note: you need not be a mom to join!)

90 MILES!! WOW!!!!!!!!
In addition to a nice long run this weekend, we went out to dinner with friends on Friday, Abby and I went shopping on Saturday and we did brunch for a friend's birthday and had dinner with Joey's parents on Sunday. I can't believe it is already March. I was just wrapping my head around the fact that Abby is 6 months old already and I realized she will be 7 months in less than two weeks. I can't handle it. Also Joey turns 30 on Friday. Time is flying, people! Let's hope winter gets that memo and flies outta here ASAP....  Make it a good week!!!

~SG

PS: A few random pics...

No matter what I buy this kid she just wants to play with/eat her socks.

Me and my girl <3

I-95 selfie!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment