Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Two Months!

AHH How are we back here already?  I'm guessing the shock of how many days/weeks have passed is going to be a regular thing.  I'm really, finally, starting to enjoy maternity leave.  It took me about 6 weeks to recover/get used to Abby/get into a groove.  We're just past 8 weeks and I'm finally feeling comfortable with things and really starting to enjoy each day.  Going back to work is inevitable so I'm just trying to make each day count until then!

This month, Abby met almost all of the family members on my side at my Grandmother's funeral and the surrounding events.  It was so wonderful that my Grandmother got to meet Abby and I will always remember and will share the photos and memories with Abby as she grows up. The three of us packed up and headed to PA- and Abby and I actually stayed for a few days extra while Joey flew to GA for work.   It was this trip for the funeral and all of the family events that really kicked my rear into gear.  It was the first time that I had to follow a schedule that wasn't Abby's and Joey wasn't there to help and there wasn't time to feel sorry for myself because I had clogged milk ducts (this was right when I started antibiotics for mastitis and I was terrified of getting it again).  I fed her in the church, I pumped in the car, and she slept through the church service and everyone held her and said what a good baby she was.  We survived.  And after that, I realized I can do this! And it was really empowering.

Getting a bottle from Aunt Corinne at the church.  This was the only picture I got of her complete outfit that day (-1 sock).

One of my favorite pictures so far.  Abby and my Mom.
Also this month, we took Abby to her first restaurant(s).  She was very well behaved, of course, because the moment we strap her into her carseat and put her in the car, she's out like a light.  ALSO, I finally worked up the nerve to take the stroller out with me.  I don't know why, but that was a huge deal.  I got her into Dick's Sporting Goods (to buy Joey a kayak...) and to Kohls to try on dresses.  I was terrified the whole time that she would cry, but of course, she didn't.  And nobody even looked twice at the stroller.

Our 4 year wedding anniversary was this past weekend.  We celebrated by leaving Abby with Grandma and going out to a really expensive French restaurant for dinner.  The fourth year is "flowers and fruit", so Joey got me 2 dozen humongous roses and a bottle of wine (<- counts as fruit, right??).  I deviated a bit and bought him the kayak he's been talking about since I was 39 weeks pregnant and he didn't understand why I wouldn't let him go get a kayak and play on the river in it. He had a blast paddling up and down the Potomac near our house this weekend.

Snapchat FTW

How many months? TWO Months! (Currently, 8 weeks and 5 days)



Recent Stats:  I gave you her stats in my "Just Popping In" post, and that's from 2 weeks ago.  Luckily I ordered an infant scale from Amazon. It arrived today but I don't have the right battery so I'll have to check back when I get it.  I ordered the scale because her next appointment isn't for a couple months and I want to make sure she's gaining weight.  I'm also curious to see how many ounces of milk she's taking in when I breast feed her vs. bottle.  I want to make sure we're giving her enough in her bottles.




Clothes size:  Well we're in an interesting conundrum.  Abby is long and thin, so she can still fit in (some) newborn size onesies.  The problem is the pants and footies... her legs are too long!  The 0-3 size fits the best but we don't have a lot of that.  The 3 month stuff fits her length-wise but is huge and baggy everywhere else.  I feel like we're probably not the only family in America with this issue... The onesie in the pics below is a newborn size and you can see it's a liiittle too small.



Diaper Size: 1



Breastfeeding: I gave a lengthy update a couple posts back so I'll just tell you it's more of the same.  The only issue I've been dealing with lately is a ton of blocked milk ducts, which is scary because if they don't resolve they can get infected and cause mastitis.  I know diet is a huge factor, so I'm going to focus on that and see if it helps at all.  Since Abby is no longer in my body, I've become a bit lackadaisical about eating well...



Sleeping: I'm afraid to write about it because I know as soon as I do, she'll stop sleeping through the night.  Actually last night she did wake up for a dream feed around 2:30, but for the most part she's sleeping ~7 hours at night, give or take.  I detailed our schedule in my previous post so I won't bore you with that again.



Personality: OH my goodness! Every day she is just budding.  She and I will carry on little "conversations" with her coos.  Her smiles are to die for! She is just starting to learn how to use her voice.  I've heard her laugh but I don't think it's been in response to anything- I think that's next.  I know every Mom says this but damn, my kid is cute!

One of these days she is going to wear this and like it!!!

Milestones: [*Last time I talked about 'babbling' but I really meant 'cooing'.  Babies don't really babble for a couple more months.] Tons of cooing, following us around the room with her head and eyes, lift her head up off the ground/turn it to the side, holds head up when sitting for longer periods of time, reaches out for things (such as her mobiles/hanging toys), etc.

I'm sure I forgot stuff so I'll just come back and edit the post when I remember... ;)

~SG





No comments:

Post a Comment