Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Gingerbread Pins

It's like a Gingerbread MAN... except it's made with a Min Pin cookie cutter!

Oh stop it, you really thought I wouldn't have one of those?!

Joey even took the liberty of snapping a few photos because I was channeling my Mother and wearing an apron.  Unfortunately, we don't have a rolling pin.  Luckily for everyone, I had an unopened bottle of wine that worked just as good!




The pins tend to plump up a bit in the oven while baking.  I was joking that they went from looking like Doc to looking like Chloe....... (It's not her fault- she's a bigger dog!)


I used store-bought dough (come ON...you didn't think I'd make this from scratch did you?) and it worked out really well.  I had alot of fun using the flour and the cookie cutter and making a big mess.



After the cookies were cool, it was time for icing! I made a Chloe and a Doc first because naturally, they are Min Pins.  Chloe is the one with the nipples and the eyelashes and is slightly more plump...  Doc has a lump on his side which was recently deemed a harmless cyst by the vet. Nonetheless, it has incurred the endearing term, "Lumpy" (or "Rumpy") so it had to make an appearance on the cookie as well.


The 'recipe' made quite a few too many cookies and I needed a creative way to get rid of them.  Luckily, we were set to pick up Jason and Lydia for our double date to ICE that evening, so I was able to offload a few cookies there.  Mom, if you're lucky (and they aren't stale) I'll bring some for you and Dad in a couple weeks!

We have several leg-less Min Pins in our Min Pin Tin (omg) but they are still delicious.

~SG




1 comment: