Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Meet the Parents

We have had an extremely productive weekend!  Let's start with Friday.  After work, Joey and I headed over to the Jared Galleria of Jewelry which is practically across the street from our apartment.  We were going just to look at wedding bands to get an idea of what we liked, but knowing our impulsive nature I should've realized we'd be walking out with our wedding bands purchased!  We tried on alot of rings, some that were just ridiculously blingy, but it was so much fun!  The nice lady even cleaned my engagement ring for me. Who knew how dirty it could get in 7 months! It looks like a whole new ring!  I won't post the pictures of our rings on this blog... you'll have to wait til the wedding day to see!

Saturday morning we woke up bright and early.  Joey's parents (Joe and Diane) arrived at our apartment at 9am.  After a quick tour, we all (including Doc) jumped into the car for the 3 hour ride to Paoli.  We got to my parent's house around lunchtime, and Dakota came right out to greet us. It was time for the BIG meeting! This was the first time our parents had ever met each other! Of course they got along great.  Our Dads were scheming which color of camo to wear to the wedding and our Moms were making fun of me for being such a worrywart about Doc.  I got to visit with my MOH/Little Sis Laura, and we went upstairs to check out THE DRESS. It was the first time I'd seen it in person and it is still so beautiful.

After visiting and letting the doggies play, it was time to head over to the Desmond for our tasting!  We gave Diane and Joe a tour of the cocktail area, ballroom, and wedding gazebo before we all sat down to a huge meal.  Here's a pic of one of the dishes we tried:

After being STUFFED with delicious entrees and desserts, we packed up and headed over to the General Warren Inne to work on some Rehearsal Dinner things.  We got to choose the room (Admiral Vernon Room!) and chatted about the menu. We grabbed Doc from my parent's house and headed back to VA, arriving around 9pm. It was a LONG day!

Today (Sunday) I stopped by Jared to pick up our wedding bands, but since it didn't open until 12 I had some time to kill!  I grabbed some coffee and stopped at Petsmart, Walmart and Bed, Bath, and Beyond where I got some new drapes and throw pillows for the living room. I feel like such an old lady for being so excited about this... Here's a pic of our new swag plus a sleeping puppy.  And YES, his shirt says "Size Doesn't Matter".  Whatever...Joey said I could.

Well, it's been an extremely long weekend.  The apartment is clean due to the (future) in-law's visit, so what's a girl to do? Looks like I'll be snuggling with my pup and sipping that merlot I grabbed on sale at Walmart.  Well folks, my job here is done.  Stay tuned in a few more days for a more solid update as we reach the *gasp* 4 MONTH MARK!!!!!!!!

126 Days to Go!

Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment