Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Nobody Blogs Anymore

I was just glancing down my list on The Old Reader, and I counted over 30 blogs that have gone inactive. I enjoy reading people's thoughts and ideas and it makes me sad that nobody really takes the time (or has the time!) to write anymore. And who am I to blame them? Half of my posts start off with "I haven't written for a while..."

In the age of Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter (which I still do not understand), the need for instant gratification, constantly refreshing information, and being able to provide real-time updates on our lives has pretty much killed the blog.

I started off with my own blog to keep my family up to date with what I was doing. It also became useful when I was pregnant with Abby and during her first year to write down weekly/monthly updates which I'm sure I will look back on in the future. I hope to continue writing, however sporadically, because I think it's fun and it will be cool to look back on in the years to come.

I don't know the future of my blog, or anyone else's. But if you are still out there, HI! And thanks for following along!!

This concludes my random thought for the day.

~SG

2 comments: