Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

July Stitch Fix

Wait whaaaat?!?! This is not a post about my baby?! Who am I and what have I done with Sarah?!

It has been over a year since I last had a Stitch Fix. I think the last one was in Fall of 2013, before I got pregnant with Abby.  Since she was born, they have actually started offering maternity clothes which is very exciting! I did not want to do another Fix until I was back into my pre-pregnancy size and/or feeling more confident.

Fast forward to now and I finally decided to bite the bullet (with some inspiration from my friend Noelle).  The way Stitch Fix works, in case you forgot, is you provide your size and style preferences and a stylist sends you 5 pieces that you can try on, and keep or mail back.  I made sure to leave a note on my profile that it was my first Fix back from having a baby and "please be forgiving" with your choices.  I also asked for things I could wear at the beach, since I no longer need work clothes (YIPPEE) and we're getting ready for our beach trip! I honestly had really low expectations.  I was worried about things fitting correctly or looking like I'm trying too hard to be 20 again.

Well, I have to say that my stylist HIT IT OUT OF THE PARK. I loved everything, well, I loved 95% of it and really liked the other 5%. Everything I tried on went straight from the box into my closet without hesitation.

It's 2015, we've lived here 4 years, and I still don't have a full length mirror. So, back to the guest room we go:

1. Red/Orange Beachy Dress

Love how it makes me look so tan (confession: I've been working on my tan). I don't think I would have picked out this color/pattern on my own. But I am surprised at how much I like it. Also, need to clean that mirror... yikes.


2. White/Blue Top

I have seen variations of this top everywhere this summer and I have considered buying one but never did... until NOW!!


Bonus zoom for detail
3. Navy Shorts

If there was ever the perfect cut for a pair of shorts (and my chunky upper thighs), this is it.  I'm super impressed with these. They are so slimming! And they are very comfortable.

Shameless plug of my stomach. Hey. I've been working hard.

4. Grey/Lace 3/4 Sleeve Top

I'm into lace, so this one also majorly wins. Also, it's multi-seasonal. Expect to see this one quite a bit!


Close up for detail

5. Black/White Cocktail Dress

This is the only one I didn't L-O-V-E. But I still liked it. And since I was keeping everything, it mathematically did not make sense to send one thing back (they give you a huge discount if you keep everything). I asked for a dress because I have a wedding to go to this Fall. While I like the dress, I don't think I will wear it to the wedding. Doesn't mean I won't find other events to wear it to, though!


And there you have it!  I honestly can't wait for my next Fix. Here is the link to sign up if you are interested:


And yes, if you get friends to sign up you get a $25 credit.

Hope you enjoyed this non-baby post!  We have been having a ton of fun and we are rapidly approaching August! And you know what that means!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

~SG

No comments:

Post a Comment