Total Pageviews

Monday, October 7, 2013

It's Fall Y'all!

Instead of titling this post as "Random Updates and Tid Bits of Information that you Probably Don't Care About" (which is what it is), I figured I'd get a little festive for ya.

1. Even though it's been in the mid-80's all week, it is really, actually FALL and I'm thrilled.  When it was officially September, I pulled out the "Fall" box which has all the autumn decor in it.  When it was officially October (this weekend), I pulled out the Halloween box and danced around to "Boo to You!" and nobody but the dogs was there to judge me because Joey was off hunting for opening weekend.

2.  I'm going back to school! (Sort of...) I'm getting a Certificate to enhance my knowledge at work.  So that means going to classes on Friday nights and Saturdays.  It's not my favorite thing to do (I've already freaked out a few times because I didn't understand which formula to use) but I am determined to pass with flying colors!

3. It's hunting season! Well, I don't care much, but Joey went out for bow season for the first time this year, and he got a doe! His Dad was suuuper proud of him, which of course is really cute.  Bringing home more deer meat meant that we needed to finish up last years, so we had deer stew for dinner last night.  You know? It's not too bad.  Think tender meat with potatoes, corn, onions, peppers, etc in a thick broth. Pretty tasty actually.

4. Currently Reading: The Coldest Girl in Coldtown I'm (impressively) still going strong with my book club.  I always wanted to be more of an avid reader, and being involved with the book (and wine) club has made it a fun and rewarding thing to do. (Read the book, Drink the wine. Simple.)

5. Disney in 1 month!!! We have (about) one month to go until our next Disney trip!!! We're heading down for the International Food and Wine Festival and the Wine and Dine Half Marathon.  I have no goals for this race other than to finish because Joey and I are both still recovering from injuries sustained during marathon training (it's no joke, yo!).

6. The NFC East.  I just had to mention it.  If you are totally out of the loop: I'm an Eagles fan, Joey's a Cowboy's fan, and we live in DC.  But this year it doesn't matter. Because we all suck. And I hate to say it, but the Boys are the best looking team we've got.  And that's not saying much...

7.  Our Anniversary: Is coming up in a few days!  Three years! Woooo!

8. The Great Gatsby.  We read the book in school, we re-read it for book club, but I hadn't made it out to see the movie yet.  While Joey was away this weekend, the pins and I cuddled up with a blanket and some popcorn (to share, of course) and watched the latest version of the story with Leonardo DiCaprio and Tobey Maguire.  I loved it and would definitely recommend it.

That's all for now.  I'll be back later this week (maybe) with a post about Joanna/Joe's wedding :-)

~SG


No comments:

Post a Comment