Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Stone Harbor

See? I told you I'd be back tonight with at least one post!

Last weekend, Joey and I ventured up to the Jersey Shore to join my family at our beach house.  Okay, it's not OUR beach house... but it might as well be.  We have been renting the same beach house every year for two weeks since I was like 8 years old.  We used to go with 2 other families, and cram 3 moms, 8 kids, who knows how many hermit crabs, and one parakeet into this tiny little 3 bedroom 2 bath house on the bay side of 83rd street.

I was all excited to show him the house I grew up in every summer and also to show him the little tid bits we've left behind over the years!  (Check behind the mirror in the back bedroom.  You will find a list of memories from each year going as far back as the 90s!)

We arrived late Thursday night and stayed until Monday morning.  My Mom, Dad, Sister, and one of her friends were there when we arrived.  My brother and future SIL (ok not quiiiite yet) arrived the next night.

We had an awesome weekend.  We went night fishing, drank beers, shotgunned beers (college!!), chilled on the beach, shopped, saw the sights of Cape May County, checked out a bar for the first time EVER (since we were never really old enough to do so before...), and enjoyed Fathers Day with my Dad by playing mini golf, eating a HUGE italian meal (thanks, Mom!) and in general just enjoyed family togetherness.  I don't get to see my family much, so it's always great to get us all in one place for a couple days!

Here are a few photos from our trip!

The Davis siblings on our first night fishing excursion

Joey caught a shark!

Group Shotgun... photo taken by my Mom...

Our transportation home from the bar that night...

Joey at the Cape May Lighthouse

Mini Golf on Fathers Day

Mama Davis' Meatballs!
We had a great weekend visiting with family, enjoying delicious food, and drinking alot of beers.  It was all over way too quickly and soon it was time to go back to Virginia and back to work.

Hope everyone gets to enjoy the beach a little bit this summer!

~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment