Total Pageviews

Monday, April 12, 2010

A Keeper of Deer...

Saturday started my last half-year as Sarah Davis. Soon I’ll be replacing my Davis shield with a Gish family crest. What does that look like, you ask? Well it’s a good thing I’ve done my research.

According to 4crests.com, “The German surname of GISH is an occupational name for a keeper of deer or a nickname for someone who resembled a deer in some way.” I, of course, find this absolutely hilarious due to the Gishes’ penchant for hunting deer and all other 4-legged creatures. Nobody actually looks like a deer though…

As for updates from Wedding-ville, I spent Easter weekend with my family in PA. Joey couldn’t make it, which opened up some girl time! Saturday morning my sister and I awoke to “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun” blaring in the living room. My Mom was up and at ‘em! We grabbed some bagels/coffee and headed out to run some wedding errands! First stop was the Desmond to drop off some things and show Laura the wedding gazebo. Spring is finally here, and the gazebo looks MUCH more inviting than it did this winter when we booked. Thank goodness! Then we stopped at the Wedding Pavilion in Paoli to visit my dress (don’t judge) and so my Mom could try on some MOB (that’s Mother of the Bride) gowns. She looked beautiful in all of them, but we learned what kind of styles and colors look good and she is going to look so elegant and classy! We finished up with a stop at the party store where I had previously seen some napkins that were matchy matchy with our wedding motif. We snatched them up and headed back home to get the house ready for Easter Sunday.

It was lovely to spend the weekend with my family (and dog). We enjoyed church with my Grandmother on Sunday and had a delicious Easter Brunch at our house afterwards with more family. As always, I wished I could stay longer. But work and NOVA were calling! I can’t believe we are 6 months away from our wedding day. I’m looking forward to it so much!

Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment