Total Pageviews

Friday, March 1, 2013

Things that go bump in the night Part....III?

Our house is kind of drafty.  At least the area where our stairwell/bedroom doors is.  We have double doors to our bedroom that don’t close firmly, so if the heat kicks on or someone opens a door downstairs, the change in air pressure causes the doors to rattle.  How softly or loudly they rattle depends on whether the heat kicked on or someone opened a door.

So, like many people who have learned to tell who is coming up the stairs depending on how they sound while doing so, I have learned to know the difference in the noise the doors make.  I can now tell when the heat kicks on in the middle of the night vs. when Joey opens the back door.

Wednesday morning, around 3am, someone opened the back door.  The doors rattled very loudly together which woke both me and Joey up.  I, startled, gasped just like my Mother used to when suddenly awoken (and we used to make fun of her too) and, I am proud to say, perfectly executed my escape plan WHICH I had never once tried out except for in my head while imagining what I would do if someone broke in.  I sleep on the left side of the bed, so I simply threw off the covers, rolled off the edge and hid in the area between the bed and the wall. 

Doc was standing up under the covers with his bleary eyes peeking out wondering why we’d woken him up.  Joey calmly reached over and turned on the light.  

“Bang! Chloe? You’re dead.”

It was in that moment that I realized Chloe had been missing from the picture.  Here she came, trotting back over to the bed, happy that she had successfully jumped on the doors to rattle them in order to wake us up so we could go downstairs and get her treats.

Have you ever heard of a dog that trained its’ humans??

Now you have.
 
Culprit
I guess I have to add another noise to that list: “Hungry Min Pin”.

(Side note: Lately Chloe has taken to getting up in the middle of the night and standing next to my side of the bed, barking.  Well, “boofing”.  You know, that slight bark/half woof noise they make? Well, It’s been getting her in trouble a lot lately and I guess she decided to kick it up a notch…)

No comments:

Post a Comment